Event ID: 1309
Date: 5/10/2007
Time: 6:11:16 PM
User: N/A
Computer: IL-DEV-WB02-VM
Event code: 3001
Event message: The request has been aborted.
Event time: 5/10/2007 6:11:16 PM
Event time (UTC): 5/10/2007 3:11:16 PM
Event ID: 4cfcd4295c5d4115920e9cff35ca2bee
Event sequence: 47
Event occurrence: 2
Event detail code: 0

Application information:
Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/575119871/ROOT-1-128232663547575962
Trust level: Full
Application Virtual Path: /
Application Path: d:\Apps\tutest\
Machine name: IL-DEV-WB02-VM

Process information:
Process ID: 11784
Process name: w3wp.exe
Account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE

Exception information:
Exception type: HttpException
Exception message: Request timed out.

Request information:
Request URL:
http://tutest.mis.amat.com/ToolAdmin/TAAlocation.aspx?Anthem_CallBack=true
Request path: /ToolAdmin/TAAlocation.aspx
User host address: 10.201.10.123
User: 521
Is authenticated: True
Authentication Type: Forms
Thread account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE

Thread information:
Thread ID: 1
Thread account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE
Is impersonating: False
Stack trace:

We tried to extend the SciptTimeOut property both in code and IIS, we also
assured that the Compilation Debug is set to false as needed.

Still no luck

Can you please help me

Eliyahu Goldin

You can try setting <httpRuntime executionTimeout="xxx"/> in the web.config
file. xxx is in seconds.

If you have long requests I would rather consider introducing another
module, possible a Windows service, that would handle long requests. The web
application would just submit requests for processing.

--
Eliyahu Goldin,
Software Developer & Consultant

Guest

Hi,

Thanks a lot, it works fine.
I have a question regarding it: In our environment the event exceed 2
minutes (2-2.5 minutes, without adding <httpRuntime executionTimeout="xxx"/>
to the Web.Config ). In other environment site (2-5 minutes) it works just
with adding <httpRuntime executionTimeout="xxx">. do you have an idea why it
behaves differently ?

Eliyahu Goldin said:
You can try setting <httpRuntime executionTimeout="xxx"/> in the web.config
file. xxx is in seconds.

If you have long requests I would rather consider introducing another
module, possible a Windows service, that would handle long requests. The web
application would just submit requests for processing.

--
Eliyahu Goldin,
Software Developer & Consultant
Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]
http://msmvps.com/blogs/egoldin
http://usableasp.net

IKatzav said:
Hello All

I have a web application Asp.Net 2.0 with Oracle DB.

I have one event that takes 1-5 miuntes, when the event is short it
suceeded
but where a lot of action are required and the event exceed 2 minutes it
crashes.

With this error log:

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0
Event Category: Web Event
Event ID: 1309
Date: 5/10/2007
Time: 6:11:16 PM
[...]

Joined
Jan 11, 2010
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
executionTimeout is an optional Int32 attribute

Specifies the maximum number of seconds that a request is allowed to execute before being automatically shut down by ASP.NET.

This time-out applies only if the debug attribute in the compilation element is False. If the debug attribute is True, to help avoiding application shut-down while you are debugging, do not set this time-out to a large value.

The default is 110 seconds.

Note: In the .NET Framework 1.0 and 1.1, the default is 90 seconds.