IOError 11 CGI module

Anton Jansen

Hi list,

I have troubles with some python scripts I use as cgi scripts with
thttpd. At irregular intervals when a post is made an IOError is raised
by the CGI module. My question is how and why does this happen?

The exception looks like this:

---
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "teamadmin.cgi", line 11, in ?
iudex_cgi.makeform()
File "/wing6/home/jury/iudex/nederlands/lib/iudex_cgi.py", line 24,
in makeform
form = _extractflat( cgi.FieldStorage() )
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/cgi.py", line 517, in __init__
self.read_urlencoded()
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/cgi.py", line 622, in read_urlencoded
qs = self.fp.read(self.length)
IOError: [Errno 11] Resource temporarily unavailable
---

The code:

File:iudex_cgi.py
---

import sys
import time
import traceback
import cgi
import MySQLdb
from iudex_tags import *

form = None

def _extractflat( fields ):
form = {}
for i in fields.value:
if not form.has_key( i.name ):
form[i.name] = []
if i.filename:
form[i.name].append( ( i.filename, i.value ) )
else:
form[i.name].append( i.value )
return form

def makeform():
global form
form = _extractflat( cgi.FieldStorage() )

---

With kind regards,

Anton Jansen