  1. dick

    dick Guest

    Is a load-store architecture machine more suitable to run C++ code?

    dick, Mar 2, 2007

  2. * dick:
    What's the C++ question?

    And more generally, what's the question?

    Alf P. Steinbach, Mar 2, 2007

  3. That will probably depend on which C++ code we are talking about. I'm
    quite confident that you can write code in C++ that will suite to just
    about any architecture, but the reverse should also be true, that you
    can write code unsuitable for any architecture.

    =?iso-8859-1?q?Erik_Wikstr=F6m?=, Mar 2, 2007
  4. dick

    Ron Natalie Guest

    I don't know why you would say that. And LS architectures vary
    widely from old lockstep processors to pipelined RISC things.
    The compiler generally can (and must) make use of a variety
    of things.

    C's roots are in both architectures.

    Ron Natalie, Mar 5, 2007