Is Books 24x7 any good?

Tara

I saw someone make reference to the online book access site. I
actually have a job interview with the company and wanted to get some
feedback from actual people who use it. I currently work for a
traditional book publisher and find the 24x7 opportunity interesting in
terms of moving in the right 'sea change of tehnology' direction. I
sort of see it as what the ipod is doing to the way people listen
to/buy music.

I'd appreciate any feedback you might have as actual users of the
technology.

Thanks in advance and have a good day.

Tara

UJ

My feelings are that as long as the text is fully indexed and complete, it's
a great idea.

And here's another great place - http://safari.oreilly.com/. They only do
O'reilly but you don't even have to buy the book. You buy a subscription and
then can access the books as needed.

This to me is a great idea - frequently you'll need books on a certain
subject for only a couple of weeks/days and when you find you answer, your
on to the next one.

Plus doing everything on-line saves all those trees.

BUT - the stuff must be well indexed or have the ability to do a free form
string. I've seen stuff that is only in PDF and that stuff is very difficult
to use.

Jeffrey.