Is possible to create my own scrolling bars?

RC

The Subject says its all.

I would like do this by JavaScript.

Normally vertical scroll bar is at right side of a box
and horizontal scroll bar is at bottom of a box.

I would like change that. Make vertical scroll bar
at left side of a box and horizontal scroll bar at
top of a box.

Please point me some URL links how to do this.

Thank Q!

David Dorward

RC said:
Normally vertical scroll bar is at right side of a box
and horizontal scroll bar is at bottom of a box.

I would like change that. Make vertical scroll bar
at left side of a box and horizontal scroll bar at
top of a box.

You want to have scrollbars that don't work like any other scrollbars on the
user's system? That probably isn't a very good idea.

Evertjan.

David Dorward wrote on 02 aug 2006 in comp.lang.javascript:
You want to have scrollbars that don't work like any other scrollbars
on the user's system? That probably isn't a very good idea.

However it can be done, I think, by adding a zero-width scrolled div to the
left and a zero-height div at the top of a scrollbar suppressed div, all
three css controlled and with the same content, and scrolling the three
synchronized bij javascript.