Is stat function thread safe ?

Richard

CBFalconer said:
Try to pay attention. This is c.l.c. We depend on the various ISO
C standards (and K&R) for the language definition. The fact that

Who is "we" here?
some other organization writes and publishes standards for whatever
purpose does not influence correspondence and topicality on this
news group.

Yes, It does.
If you really want to discuss a 'stat' function, you have to supply
the prototype and a full description of what it does. Then you can
ask about how to implement it. That may not be possible with
standard C. You can also ask (then) about how to use it. 'stat'
is not a reserved name, it is in the users namespace, and thus
quite available for use in any desired manner.

The same goes for discussion of threads, at least until you can
supply a reference in the standard that defines these items.

For example, I have published various C code, including hashlib,
ggets, nmalloc, and others. I do not claim that these are
standards. I do give references that allow anyone interested to
examine them, and possibly use them. I do not claim that my Pascal
systems are industry standards, nor that they are applicable here.

Your Pascal systems? WTF? Are you joking?

Richard Bos

Antoninus Twink said:
CBFalconer said:

Really, is it so hard to read AND understand what I write?

Bear in mind that CBF is very old, and his mental faculties are in an
advanced state of decay. If you have an image in your mind of him
dribbling as he types, you will be able to read his nonsense with more
equanimity.

Another blatant lie of yours.

I _do_ have that image in my mind, and it doesn't help a jot.

Richard