Is There A Standard XML Parser?

Mark Bennett

I'm just getting started with Ruby and need one of my applications to
parse an XML file provided by a client. I've been looking at using
REXML, but I have a feeling there might be a XML parser library included
in the Ruby 1.8 distribution. Am I mistaken or just blind? I noticed
it has a YAML parsing library, which is what makes me think there's
probably an XML parsing one too.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

-Mark

Austin Ziegler

I'm just getting started with Ruby and need one of my applications to
parse an XML file provided by a client. I've been looking at using
REXML, but I have a feeling there might be a XML parser library included
in the Ruby 1.8 distribution. Am I mistaken or just blind? I noticed
it has a YAML parsing library, which is what makes me think there's
probably an XML parsing one too.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Yes.

REXML.

-austin

Martin DeMello

Mark Bennett said:
I'm just getting started with Ruby and need one of my applications to
parse an XML file provided by a client. I've been looking at using
REXML, but I have a feeling there might be a XML parser library included
in the Ruby 1.8 distribution. Am I mistaken or just blind? I noticed
it has a YAML parsing library, which is what makes me think there's
probably an XML parsing one too.

REXML *is* included in the 1.8 distribution

martin