Is this a joke?

Yusuf ben Smith

"1st Page 2003 [v3.0]

1st Page 2003 3.0 is the next generation HTML editing tool that
surpasses traditional HTML development. Creating dazzling websites
with this updated release.

Download Now"

http://www.evrsoft.com/products.shtml

But where the heck is 1st Page 2003 3.0? Will it be freeware? What's
going on at Evrsoft?

Yusuf ben Smith

Dylan Parry

Yusuf said:
But where the heck is 1st Page 2003 3.0? Will it be freeware? What's
going on at Evrsoft?

Well it's been planned for a long time, so I don't think it is a joke. It
was supposed to be released maybe 12 months ago, but it seems to have
suffered from delay after delay.

David Dorward

Yusuf said:
But where the heck is 1st Page 2003 3.0?

It's been "coming soon" since I stopped using version 2... becuase I stopped
using Windows... three or four years ago.

Hywel Jenkins

785638758357398 said:
"1st Page 2003 [v3.0]

1st Page 2003 3.0 is the next generation HTML editing tool that
surpasses traditional HTML development. Creating dazzling websites
with this updated release.

Download Now"

http://www.evrsoft.com/products.shtml

But where the heck is 1st Page 2003 3.0? Will it be freeware? What's
going on at Evrsoft?
Vapour-ware - it's been "Coming Soon" for almost 2 years. Get
http://www.htmlkit.com/ instead. 1st Page 2000 was great, though it had
issues.

David Dorward

Dylan said:
Hywel Jenkins wrote:

I'll second that. When I am actually using Windows it is my editor of
choice and I would strongly recommend it

Ditto :)

Steven

Hywel said:
"1st Page 2003 [v3.0]

1st Page 2003 3.0 is the next generation HTML editing tool that
surpasses traditional HTML development. Creating dazzling websites
with this updated release.

Download Now"

http://www.evrsoft.com/products.shtml

But where the heck is 1st Page 2003 3.0? Will it be freeware? What's
going on at Evrsoft?
Vapour-ware - it's been "Coming Soon" for almost 2 years. Get
http://www.htmlkit.com/ instead. 1st Page 2000 was great, though it
had issues.

And when it's been vapourware for too long, it gets a smell and becomes
fartware.

Blinky the Shark

David said:
Yusuf ben Smith wrote:
It's been "coming soon" since I stopped using version 2... becuase I stopped
using Windows... three or four years ago.

[no real segue to...]

Dolt user here, David. Nice. Stuff that does what's needed in less than a
second with no BS is Certifiably Good Stuff. Thanks for the script.

Wayfarer

785638758357398 said:
"1st Page 2003 [v3.0]

1st Page 2003 3.0 is the next generation HTML editing tool that
surpasses traditional HTML development. Creating dazzling websites
with this updated release.

Download Now"

http://www.evrsoft.com/products.shtml

But where the heck is 1st Page 2003 3.0? Will it be freeware? What's
going on at Evrsoft?
Vapour-ware - it's been "Coming Soon" for almost 2 years. Get
http://www.htmlkit.com/ instead. 1st Page 2000 was great, though it had
issues.

Actually, Stone's Webwriter 3 is pretty good, too.
http://www.webwriter.dk/english/

Wayfarer

David Dorward

Blinky said:
Dolt user here, David. Nice. Stuff that does what's needed in less than
a second with no BS is Certifiably Good Stuff. Thanks for the script.

Cricky. People actually still use that nasty hack? Wow :)

My main bugbear is that it can't do recursion. One day I might get round to
adding it (then again my TODO list still seems to be infinite in length).

Blinky the Shark

David said:
Blinky the Shark wrote:
Cricky. People actually still use that nasty hack? Wow :)

My needs, Master, are minimal. :)
My main bugbear is that it can't do recursion. One day I might get round to
adding it (then again my TODO list still seems to be infinite in length).

This is, I sense, a Don't Hold Your Breath warning. :)

Daniel Miller

"1st Page 2003 [v3.0]

1st Page 2003 3.0 is the next generation HTML editing tool that
surpasses traditional HTML development. Creating dazzling websites
with this updated release.

Download Now"

http://www.evrsoft.com/products.shtml

But where the heck is 1st Page 2003 3.0? Will it be freeware? What's
going on at Evrsoft?

Yusuf ben Smith

It's even *more* vapourware now... When I tried to go to www.evrsoft.com, I
got:

"This account is currently deactivated.
Please contact 'Billing' or 'Support'."

YoKenny

Daniel said:
Yusuf said:
"1st Page 2003 [v3.0]

1st Page 2003 3.0 is the next generation HTML editing tool that
surpasses traditional HTML development. Creating dazzling websites
with this updated release.

Download Now"

http://www.evrsoft.com/products.shtml

But where the heck is 1st Page 2003 3.0? Will it be freeware? What's
going on at Evrsoft?

Yusuf ben Smith

It's even *more* vapourware now... When I tried to go to
www.evrsoft.com, I got:

"This account is currently deactivated.
Please contact 'Billing' or 'Support'."

Works fine for me.

Hywel Jenkins

Daniel Miller said:
"1st Page 2003 [v3.0]

1st Page 2003 3.0 is the next generation HTML editing tool that
surpasses traditional HTML development. Creating dazzling websites
with this updated release.

Download Now"

http://www.evrsoft.com/products.shtml

But where the heck is 1st Page 2003 3.0? Will it be freeware? What's
going on at Evrsoft?

Yusuf ben Smith

It's even *more* vapourware now... When I tried to go to www.evrsoft.com, I
got:

"This account is currently deactivated.
Please contact 'Billing' or 'Support'."

It's fine now.

Harvey Van Sickle

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 15:54:29 GMT, Hywel Jenkins wrote
It's fine now.

The front page is, but the download link is coming up with a 404 for
me.

(I hope it gets back up: I like 1stPage 2000, and would love to try an
update of it.)