Is this possible

Nikolay Petrov

How to run code at Client-side in .NET
Like ActiveX controls.
I would like to make an upload page where the data is compressed
client-side, and then uploaded as streams(maybe in XML as binary type).
So how to run the compression code at client.
I want to use 100% .NET solution.

Thanks

Eliyahu Goldin

As you said, make an ActiveX. There can't be 100% .NET solution on the
client side unless you are sure all your users have dotnet installed on
their machines.

Eliyahu

Patrice

Try :
http://windowsforms.net/articles/iesourcing.aspx

AFAIK IIS provides also compression support (not sure for the upload
though). You could also accept zip files (nowadays quite easy done by a user
with "send to").

With a client side solution, the user will have to grant some rights to your
control for local file access...

Patrice

Elton Wang

Hi Nikolay,

One 100% .NET solution is windows.NET + Web Services.
Although current C# and VB.NET have not compression
utility, J# provides some compression utility. And you can
use J# lib from either C# or VB.NET.

HTH

Elton Wang
(e-mail address removed)