ISAPI Filter in C# .NET 2.0

Yet another C# coder

Hi,

Does anyone know if in the next version of asp.net / C# (2.0)
Would be possible to write an ISAPI Filter in C#?

Thanx.

Guest

AFAIK, no. But, you can get the same functionality as an ISAPI filter by
using HttpModules and HttpHandlers, so I am not sure I see the need. What, in
particular, are you aiming at doing with an ISAPI filter that you cannot do
with built in .NET functionality?

A few links:
http://aspalliance.com/726 - shows how to embed resources to avoid handlers

http://www.gotdotnet.com/workspaces/workspace.aspx?id=1eceb66c-3bd0-4cdd-87d5-3fa0f4742032 - sample project with a handler

http://www.15seconds.com/issue/030522.htm - aimed at 1.1, but you can use
this to get an idea of how a module is created

http://west-wind.com/weblog/posts/2473.aspx - note this gotcha if you drop
the code in your project app_code folder

http://weblogs.asp.net/ShankuN/archive/2004/08/16/215487.aspx - image
generator handler example

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think Outside the Box!

Bruce Barker

native support of .net filters will be supported in IIS 7.0, which is still
some time away, as it requires the next version of the O/S (no 2003
support).

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)