isInrole

Dennis Storm

I am using isInRole function to check if a user is in a
group. It works ok except it will suddenly stop working
and I will have to reboot to get it to work again. Any
ideas?

Nakul

Hi,

If you make any changes in the user's membership i.e add or delete him from
some groups you will need to relogin to the workstation. This is incase your
application is a Win Forms based. For instance:

I belong to groupA,groupB,groupC

IsUserInRole("groupA") returns True

Now I remove myself from groupA and now I belong to only groupB,groupC. I do
not re-login to my workstation

IsUserInRole("groupA") returns True

Now I relogin in my workstation

IsUserInRole("groupA") return False

Also the IsUserInRole case sensitive. Take care of that also.

Hope this would help

Thanks
Nakul