its urgent

sushma

can any 1 send me the program code to write a java program whichs take
i/p file that contains gender and gpa and then gives the o/p as avg gpa
for males and females seperately

this should be done using eclipse
plz do mail me on (e-mail address removed)

plz its urgent

Luc The Perverse

sushma said:
can any 1 send me the program code to write a java program whichs take
i/p file that contains gender and gpa and then gives the o/p as avg gpa
for males and females seperately

this should be done using eclipse
plz do mail me on (e-mail address removed)

plz its urgent

ROFL

We would hate to deprive you of your opportunity to learn.

BTW - an assignment like this is trivial - if you are struggling, then you
are missing a fundamental aspect of what you are supposed to be doing, and
if someone does it for you, it is unlikely you will be able to catch up.

If you need help with a specific item, then probably someone can help you.
There are a few basic ingredients

How to read from a file
How to store the data
How to compute an average
How to display it to the screen

Some very basic googling should be able to help you - just look for some
examples. If not, a java book surely could help you out as well.

You didn't provide enough information however, we would need an example
file, or to know the format of the file - you too will need to take this
into consideration if you do choose to do your assignment.

Also it is generally rude to ask for follow up via email - it defeats the
purpose of a message board. This is not a task list for mindless drones to
obey your every command - people generally interact because they want to
help the community - and you might find that people are more willing to help
than you might realize, just not a "do my assignment for me, and do it NOW
because it is due soon and I wasn't paying attention/put it off to the last
minute/didn't care enough"

You would have better luck asking to copy one of your classmate's code -
though you almost certainly be busted for cheating that way.

tom fredriksen

Luc said:
This is not a task list for mindless drones to
obey your every command - people generally interact because they want to
help the community - and you might find that people are more willing tohelp
than you might realize, just not a "do my assignment for me, and do it NOW
because it is due soon and I wasn't paying attention/put it off to the last
minute/didn't care enough"

Some more comments

If you want som real help you should read the following document first,
it will explain to you how to get the most out of your questions and
other peoples answers.

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#classic

A couple of quick notes though.

-Please dont waste peoples time with demands, people are here for their
own sakes, not for yours.
-Don't post homework questions ... those questions are for you to work
out. (Of course specific queries about things are ok)
- Don't flag your question as “Urgent”, even if it is for you
That's your problem, not ours.

/tom

zero

BTW - an assignment like this is trivial - if you are struggling,

I doubt this person is struggling with the assignment. It's much more
likely they are too preoccupied with other, important things (like going
out and getting drunk, stuff like that) to think about actually doing
homework.

I never was an exemplary student, most of the time I handed my assignments
in late, and the rest of the time I didn't hand them in at all. But when
it came down to exams, I knew what I had to know. Unfortunately that
doesn't work for most people.

I liked the one who offered 60£ better.

Luc The Perverse

zero said:
I doubt this person is struggling with the assignment. It's much more
likely they are too preoccupied with other, important things (like going
out and getting drunk, stuff like that) to think about actually doing
homework.

I never was an exemplary student, most of the time I handed my assignments
in late, and the rest of the time I didn't hand them in at all. But when
it came down to exams, I knew what I had to know. Unfortunately that
doesn't work for most people.

I liked the one who offered 60£ better.

I have no problem doing someone's homework/work for money - they will be the
one that suffers, unless they have so much money that it doesn't matter.
Me I have no money at all.

Of course, I just got my "child tax credit" back from the US government and
found out that we live in a communism. I'm glad to know that poor folk
such as myself are rewarded for making unwise financial decisions like
having children too early in life. Now I get to buy my X-Box 360 and my
aunt in her high tax bracket can get the bill because she is not a **** off
like myself.

But don't get me wrong - I will take the money, but send a few letters out
saying that this should be repealed. I was blown away to find out how
incredible selfish some people are. Like when proposals of what to do with
our state surplus were discussed - the only one that people considered was a
tax refund, not an upgrade to our library system, beautiful parks, dumping
it into education. Nope they got enough money back to go to sizzler with a
date, once.

I know by now the value of money - but I don't think people will ever learn
the value of the greater good, bettering yourself, or improving the
situation around us. I gave up on people [in general] a long time ago.
Individuals are different, but people as a group, are utterly and completely
hopeless.

Oliver Wong

Luc The Perverse said:
But don't get me wrong - I will take the money, but send a few letters out
saying that this should be repealed. I was blown away to find out how
incredible selfish some people are. Like when proposals of what to do
with our state surplus were discussed - the only one that people
considered was a tax refund, not an upgrade to our library system,
beautiful parks, dumping it into education. Nope they got enough money
back to go to sizzler with a date, once.

I wouldn't consider this an act of selfishness, but one of fairness.
Presumably, that excess money belongs to "everybody", so the "most fair"
solution would be one where everyone benefits from the excess money. What if
the library they want to upgrade is staffed by people I consider to be
racists jerks, and so I started avoiding it? If the money went to that
library, I'd be getting cheated out of my fair share.

Ditto for parks and people with agoraphobia, etc.

With cash back, (in theory) people who get a lot of happiness out of
going on a date to sizzlers can do that, and people who get a lot of
happiness out of beautiful parks can donate money to the parks. The problem
in practice is the administrative costs of dealing with lots of small
donations.

- Oliver

Monique Y. Mudama

With cash back, (in theory) people who get a lot of happiness
out of going on a date to sizzlers can do that, and people who
get a lot of happiness out of beautiful parks can donate money
to the parks. The problem in practice is the administrative
costs of dealing with lots of small donations.

I wasn't going to follow this thread off topic, but here I go ...

The logical conclusion of your argument is to remove all public
services and have no taxes. No battered women's shelters, no public
hospitals, no roads, no parks ...

Don't get me wrong, I'm sympathetic to the argument, but I'd still
rather pay taxes.

The problem in practice is that rich people and companies don't need
public libraries, but the little guy does. Rich people don't need
public hospitals, but the little guy does. Rich people can pay for
their own hundreds or thousands of acres of wilderness, but the little
guy can't ... I'm not quite willing to abandon these folks to the
tender mercies of the rich person's guilty conscience in the form of
charitable donations. Though I do feel a twinge of conscience at the
idea that, by vote, I can force someone to spend money on something
they don't want to.

Luc The Perverse

Oliver Wong said:
I wouldn't consider this an act of selfishness, but one of fairness.
Presumably, that excess money belongs to "everybody", so the "most fair"
solution would be one where everyone benefits from the excess money. What
if the library they want to upgrade is staffed by people I consider to be
racists jerks, and so I started avoiding it? If the money went to that
library, I'd be getting cheated out of my fair share.

Ditto for parks and people with agoraphobia, etc.

With cash back, (in theory) people who get a lot of happiness out of
going on a date to sizzlers can do that, and people who get a lot of
happiness out of beautiful parks can donate money to the parks. The
problem in practice is the administrative costs of dealing with lots of
small donations.

I see your point . . . but the purpose of taxes is to help lots of people;
and taxes get spent on things all the time that don't directly help the
people paying them.

I'm just one of those weird people that thinks that as long as there is a
budget deficit and the government owes money, that reducing taxes, and
sending out checks doesn't make a lot of sense.

Monique Y. Mudama

I'm just one of those weird people that thinks that as long as there
is a budget deficit and the government owes money, that reducing
taxes, and sending out checks doesn't make a lot of sense.

Amen, brother!

Michael Redlich

sushma said:
can any 1 send me the program code to write a java program whichs take
i/p file that contains gender and gpa and then gives the o/p as avg gpa
for males and females seperately

this should be done using eclipse
plz do mail me on (e-mail address removed)

plz its urgent

Sushma:

You obviously didn't read all of our posts from the first time you made
this request.

What have you done with the project so far? What have you
accomplished?

If one of us just "gives" you the source code, then how will you learn?
When I help my nine-year old son with his homework, I don't just
"give" him the answer. I ask him questions to help him think of the
answer himself.

Mike.

Oliver Wong

Monique Y. Mudama said:
I wasn't going to follow this thread off topic, but here I go ...

The logical conclusion of your argument is to remove all public
services and have no taxes. No battered women's shelters, no public
hospitals, no roads, no parks ...

Don't get me wrong, I'm sympathetic to the argument, but I'd still
rather pay taxes.

On the one hand, I'm in agreement with you (in the recent Canadian
elections, I voted for the Green party, who promised to *raise* taxes in
exchange for more community improvements); on the other, I didn't think the
people in Luc's story should be blamed for wanting cash over parks and
libraries (I don't care much for parks or libraries either).

Then I realized that these two feelings are not nescessarily in
conflict: Eliminating taxes might be a bad idea, but wanting to not pay
taxes might not make one a bad person. So was it a selfish act to vote for
cash over beautifying parks? Yeah, I guess it was, in the literal sense of
selfish: it was an action done mainly to benefit the person voting. But the
term "selfish" has this negative connotation that doesn't apply to this
situation, I think. Every voter (in theory) votes for what would benefit
them the most, so all votes are "selfish" actions in that sense.
The problem in practice is that rich people and companies don't need
public libraries, but the little guy does. Rich people don't need
public hospitals, but the little guy does. Rich people can pay for
their own hundreds or thousands of acres of wilderness, but the little
guy can't ... I'm not quite willing to abandon these folks to the
tender mercies of the rich person's guilty conscience in the form of
charitable donations. Though I do feel a twinge of conscience at the
idea that, by vote, I can force someone to spend money on something
they don't want to.

I agree with you completely on these points. I guess what I don't agree
with is Luc's implication that people acting selfishly is surprising, or
even that it is a "bad" thing.

- Oliver

Monique Y. Mudama

Every voter (in theory) votes for what would benefit them the
most, so all votes are "selfish" actions in that sense.

I don't know about that. I certainly don't. Unless you define
benefit in terms of the ability to sleep at night with a clean
conscience.

Oliver Wong

Monique Y. Mudama said:
I don't know about that. I certainly don't. Unless you define
benefit in terms of the ability to sleep at night with a clean
conscience.

Yes, I'm using the utilitarian sense of "selfish", "benefit", etc.

Assuming everyone is perfectly rational, then for every action they
perform, they perform it because they believe it is the best possible action
given their circumstances. E.g. "Why did I vote for such and such? Because
if I didn't, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night with a clean conscience,
and I want to be able to sleep at night with a clean conscience, etc."

- Oliver

Monique Y. Mudama

Yes, I'm using the utilitarian sense of "selfish", "benefit",
etc.

Assuming everyone is perfectly rational, then for every action
they perform, they perform it because they believe it is the
best possible action given their circumstances. E.g. "Why did I
vote for such and such? Because if I didn't, I wouldn't be able
to sleep at night with a clean conscience, and I want to be able
to sleep at night with a clean conscience, etc."

Actually, your paragraph assumes "the best possible action for
themselves," not "the best possible action." I'd like to think I
strive for the best possible action, not just the best possible
outcome for myself. Even more fervently, I'd like to believe I'm not
the only one who does this.