J2EE access rights framework

Wojtek

I have designed couple of J2EE apps.
There was always a database of users or object model of them storing
iformation about access rights.
Does anybody know about any ready made Open Source framework doing
similiar task ?? I am already tired of reinventing the wheel.

Will be thankfull for any hints.

Wojtek

Arne Vajhøj

Wojtek said:
I have designed couple of J2EE apps.
There was always a database of users or object model of them storing
iformation about access rights.
Does anybody know about any ready made Open Source framework doing
similiar task ?? I am already tired of reinventing the wheel.

Are you looking for something like http://www.acegisecurity.org/ ?

Arne

Wojtek

Dnia Fri, 05 Dec 2008 20:53:52 -0500, Arne Vajhøj napisał(a):
Are you looking for something like http://www.acegisecurity.org/ ?

Arne

Acegi Security does not use any other Spring capabilities. Most notably,
the entire architecture is based around Filters, not Spring's MVC
framework. This allows it to be used with any MVC framework, or even with
just straight JSPs. Acegi Security uses the AOP Alliance and AspectJ
interfaces for method interception - it does not use any Spring-specific
interfaces. As a consequence, Acegi Security is very portable to
applications that do not leverage any of Spring's capabilities. We should
note there are several very simple data access objects (DAOs) that use
Spring's JDBC abstraction layer, although each of these are defined by a
simple interface and it is very common in even native Spring-powered
applications for these to be re-implemented using the application's
persistence framework of choice (eg Hibernate).

Citation from http://www.acegisecurity.org/standalone.html

That seems to be exactly what I need. Thanks

Wojtek