J2ME - Http connection problems

Nikola Veber

Hi!

I'm trying to make some sort of a global highscore function, which sends
per GET tje score and player name and recieves some info. Nothing
complicated, on the WTK2.2 emulator works great (with the apache running
as localhost, since my proxy doesnt allow wtk to go out).

Anyway, on the eml. it works fine, but on my Nokia 6630 not.

Connection code looks like this:

// showing the debugginig info in the parent thread
HS.err = "Http - 2"; // this is displayed ok
parent.repaint();

c =
(HttpConnection)Connector.open("http://www.kosidba.com/nikola/rush.php");
int rc = c.getResponseCode();

if (rc != HttpConnection.HTTP_OK) {
HS.err = "Gr conn: " + rc;
parent.repaint();
}

It simply stops at Connector.open and stands there for a couple of
minutes, then it makes the connection and stops at opening the input
stream. And waits at least 10 mins there, I didn't wait any longer then
that.
Im using German O2, gprs... Does anyone have a clue why is this happening?

Thanks!

Nikola Veber

Darryl Pierce

Nikola said:
It simply stops at Connector.open and stands there for a couple of
minutes, then it makes the connection and stops at opening the input
stream. And waits at least 10 mins there, I didn't wait any longer then
that.

Are you doing this on its own, separate thread?