J2ME installation

David

Hi,

I'm trying to install the J2ME library. I've downloaded the J2ME wireless
toolkit, however when I use 'javac' to compile my source code it tells me it
can't find some of the imported J2ME libraries in my code. Would I have to
copy the .jar files from the wireless toolkit directory over to the
j2sdk../lib/ directory?

Thanks

JScoobyCed

David said:
Hi,

I'm trying to install the J2ME library. I've downloaded the J2ME wireless
toolkit, however when I use 'javac' to compile my source code it tells me it
can't find some of the imported J2ME libraries in my code. Would I have to
copy the .jar files from the wireless toolkit directory over to the
j2sdk../lib/ directory?

Thanks
Hi,

I suggest you compile your code using the KToolBar tool installed with
the wireless toolkit, or use an IDE that supports J2ME (Eclipse with
EclipseMe plugin, or antenna ANT lib).

Darryl Pierce

David said:
I'm trying to install the J2ME library. I've downloaded the J2ME wireless
toolkit, however when I use 'javac' to compile my source code it tells me it
can't find some of the imported J2ME libraries in my code. Would I have to
copy the .jar files from the wireless toolkit directory over to the
j2sdk../lib/ directory?

Why aren't you building from the KToolbar? To compile MIDP code, you
have to include the MIDP and CLDC classes in the bootclasspath, and you
have to preverify the code afterward.