J2ME & KSOAP2

Morten Pedersen

Hi,

I need to contact a webservice from a cell phone with J2ME.

I have tried to download the KSOAP2 package from
http://kobjects.sourceforge.net/ksoap2/ and have tried to use the demo
midlet shipped with the zip-file (StockQuoteDemo). I have both tried
Eclipse with Nokias Developer Kit and the newest NetBeans IDE. Both
complains about failed preverify. I have added the .jar files to the
projects and added the source files from /src and /src_midp to my
application.

If i try the demo slight modified with J2SE everything works fine.

Does anyone succeeded with the newest KSOAP2 2.0.1?

Does anyone have a hint for what may be wrong?

Thank you
Morten Pedersen

Darryl Pierce

Morten said:
I need to contact a webservice from a cell phone with J2ME.

I have tried to download the KSOAP2 package from
http://kobjects.sourceforge.net/ksoap2/ and have tried to use the demo
midlet shipped with the zip-file (StockQuoteDemo). I have both tried
Eclipse with Nokias Developer Kit and the newest NetBeans IDE. Both
complains about failed preverify. I have added the .jar files to the
projects and added the source files from /src and /src_midp to my
application.

Can you quote the exact error message you receive, and how it's
occuring. You should be including the source code for kSOAP in with your
source code, so that it all compiles and is bundled into a single JAR.