j2se ->j2me

Darryl Pierce

Roedy said:
Here is my tentative list based on rooting about the Internet.

There are a set of APIs, starting from smallest to biggest, roughly
they go: KVM (128K RAM), CLDC (160K RAM), MIDP 1.0 Profile (288K RAM),
CDC (2MB RAM), MIDP 2.0 Profile, Personal Basis Profile, Personal
Profile.

No, that's not correct. CLDC is what defines the KVM. CDC defines the
CVM. Profiles do not have memory requirements, they only specify APIs
for device sets, so putting 288k next to MIDP 1.0 makes no sense. I just
sent a reply previously, please use the text there for the entry.

Darryl Pierce

Roedy said:
you mean:

Mobile Information Device Profile for Java 2 Micro Edition (J2ME):
Professional Developer's Guide

or
Java 2 Micro Edition: Professional Developer's Guide

or both?

The former book. The latter wasn't a very useful book, IMO. It was more
about using the IDEs and development tools from about 5 years ago and
not as much about the MIDP itself.

Monique Y. Mudama

So am I! But domains cost as little as US$16-17 / year (or less)
through places like voxdomains and godaddy.

Less than that at gkg.net, which has treated me well the last few
years.