JAR trouble, URGENT HELP PLZ

Felix

Hey this is quite urgent fo rme since I have to present my app on
monday.
the problem: I have createt a application of medium size, jdbc,
multithreaded...with eclipse.
Running and testing under is fine, and quick. now I exportet the whole
thing to a jar file to delpoy.

STARTING THE JAR TAKES AGES!!!

even the splash screen is not rendered in time!!! and the rest is even
worse

whats the problem? what can I do???

TIA very much,

felix.

Manish Pandit

Hi,

Is this a swing desktop app or a web app? Not sure what system you are
deploying to and expecting a splash screen. What do you mean by
starting a jar? Are you trying to load your mail class from a jar by
doing java -jar ? Please provide more info about your app!

-cheers,
Manish

Manish Pandit

sorry - mail class = main class.

Manish said:
Hi,

Is this a swing desktop app or a web app? Not sure what system you are
deploying to and expecting a splash screen. What do you mean by
starting a jar? Are you trying to load your mail class from a jar by
doing java -jar ? Please provide more info about your app!

-cheers,
Manish

Felix

Manish said:
sorry - mail class = main class.

hi manish,
yes a would like to deploy a swing desktop app on xp. i export to jar
with the correspoding main class. running the app double clicking,
which uses javaw under winxp. however a just found out, that when i
start the app in the desktop dir everything is fine, but in a
subfolder, its a snail.
the splashscreen is a jwindow shown for a couple of seconds at the
start.
i cant make sense out of it!

regards,
felix.

Felix

Felix said:
hi manish,
yes a would like to deploy a swing desktop app on xp. i export to jar
with the correspoding main class. running the app double clicking,
which uses javaw under winxp. however a just found out, that when i
start the app in the desktop dir everything is fine, but in a
subfolder, its a snail.
the splashscreen is a jwindow shown for a couple of seconds at the
start.
i cant make sense out of it!

regards,
felix.

actually it is the case in any other folder then my desktop folder!!!

hiwa

Felix ã®ãƒ¡ãƒƒã‚»ãƒ¼ã‚¸:
hi manish,
yes a would like to deploy a swing desktop app on xp. i export to jar
with the correspoding main class. running the app double clicking,
which uses javaw under winxp. however a just found out, that when i
start the app in the desktop dir everything is fine, but in a
subfolder, its a snail.
the splashscreen is a jwindow shown for a couple of seconds at the
start.
i cant make sense out of it!

regards,
felix.
when i start the app in the desktop dir everything is fine, but in a
subfolder, its a snail.
Does it access external resources? Or, is it a completely
self-contained application, contained in a single jar file?

Felix

hiwa said:
Felix ã®ãƒ¡ãƒƒã‚»ãƒ¼ã‚¸:

subfolder, its a snail.
Does it access external resources? Or, is it a completely
self-contained application, contained in a single jar file?

No, all the resources are in the jar, which are 2 external jars and
some imgs.
regards,
felix.

Felix

Felix said:
No, all the resources are in the jar, which are 2 external jars and
some imgs.
regards,
felix.

....dont tell anyone please! the too obvisous problem was easily solved
when taking a closer look. sorry!