jarsigner to use remote keystore

Discussion in 'Java' started by Satish, Oct 8, 2007.

  1. Satish

    Satish Guest

    hello,

    we are trying to access a PKCS11 keystore (smartkey) over the network
    and
    using
    that to sign the jar using jarsigner.
    We are unable to reference the keystore config file via jarsigner and
    it
    fails with
    "keystore Initialization failed".

    For eg; my config file is under c:\mycfg.cfg which has entries like:-
    name=xyz-smartcard
    library=c:\mypkcs11.dll

    How can we specify a PKCS11 keystore (-keystore NONE -storetype
    PKCS11)
    with the jarsigner utility to access the remote keystore?

    Any work arounds, help would be greatly appreciated!

    Satish, Oct 8, 2007

  2. Satish

    Roedy Green Guest

    By remote I presume you mean just somewhere on the local lan.

    Lets say you have drive Z: mapped to the remote directory where
    ..keystore lives.

    jarsigner.exe -keystore z:\.keystore

    Might just be easier to copy it.

    Roedy Green, Oct 11, 2007