Java app installer

markspace

Dirk said:
Nice app, but when I first googled for "application installer xp java" I
got a load of crap.

It doesn't hurt to try a few different search terms, based on the
results you got. ;) Installers for XP and Windows in general are so
common, I'd guess that's was what threw Google off.

markspace

Dirk said:

One option I didn't see there that should always be considered is Java
Web Start. I've used JWS as a customer (the Kiseido Go Server
http://www.gokgs.com/ uses it for their client) and I've been very happy
with it. It's easy to launch, and updates automatically. I'm sure Bill
Shubert (the author) finds it a big time saver.

<http://java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/JavaLP/javawebstart/index.html>

<http://java.sun.com/javase/technologies/desktop/javawebstart/1.2/docs/developersguide.html>

Don't forget that the Java Plug-In now supports drag to install:

<http://java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/javase/6u10_applets/>

Roedy Green

Roedy Green

"Y'all" is plural the way "you" is plural - i.e., it can be construed in the
singular. There are rules to that that I, as a d'ed Yankee, cannot elucidate.

Standard English uses the same word "you" for singular and plural.
This works for face to face communication where the context is
relatively obvious. However, other dialects too like to be more
precise. In Canada, in Newfoundland, you say "yous" for the plural.
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair.
~ Douglas Adams (born: 1952-03-11 died: 2001-05-11 at age: 49)

Martin Gregorie

Standard English uses the same word "you" for singular and plural. This
works for face to face communication where the context is relatively
obvious. However, other dialects too like to be more precise. In
Canada, in Newfoundland, you say "yous" for the plural.

Same used to be true in NZ (and maybe still is) but we spelled and
pronounced it "youse".