Java Class Remote Web Server

jnhemley

I'm trying to implement a chat room on a remote Web Server. I'm using
PHP scripts on a Linux system and I'm trying to access a Java based
chat room on an IIS Server on a remote system. I'm trying to call a
class on the remote machine to setup the chat applet and pass it the
user name. Can I do this or do I need to set up the Java environment on
the Linux machine ?

Andrew Thompson

I'm trying to implement a chat room on a remote Web Server. I'm using
PHP scripts on a Linux system and I'm trying to access a Java based
chat room on an IIS Server on a remote system.

Huhh? Do you mean that your HTML (as written
by the PHP) is attempting to load an applet from
another domain?

What is the URL of your web-page?

Andrew T.

Tom

I'm trying to implement a chat room on a remote Web Server. I'm using
PHP scripts on a Linux system and I'm trying to access a Java based
chat room on an IIS Server on a remote system. I'm trying to call a
class on the remote machine to setup the chat applet and pass it the
user name. Can I do this or do I need to set up the Java environment on
the Linux machine ?

When you say a java based chat room are you talking about a java client
that the user interacts with or are you talking about a java server that
runs the chatroom? Is the remote machine across the internet or on your
internal network?

PHP can run call java classes with a java bridge but to figure out your
implementation need more details...