    I think that this general graphic roughness (fonts and everything
    else) is one of the reason of the limited success of Java.

    Negopus

    negopus, May 19, 2004

  2. negopus

    Roedy Green Guest

    By default you get fast and ugly. If you want pretty, you have to ask
    for rendering hints. see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/font.html

    Roedy Green, May 19, 2004

  3. negopus

    negopus Guest

    I understand "fast is ugly, pretty is slow". How slow?

    negopus

    negopus, May 20, 2004
  4. negopus

    Roedy Green Guest

    Try it out. It takes only a tiny bit of extra code to turn it on.
    see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/font.html

    Roedy Green, May 20, 2004
  5. negopus

    negopus Guest

    How do I do that in the JDdeveloper 9.0 development environment GUI
    (not the application itself)?

    negopus

    negopus, May 21, 2004
  6. negopus