Java::Import module

thedwig

http://search.cpan.org/~rusekd/Java-Import-0.03/lib/Java/Import.pm

i cannot make thie perl module. help...

[root@Hedwig Java-Import-0.03]# perl Makefile.PL
# running Build.PL
/usr/bin/perl Build.PL
Deleting _build
Creating custom builder _build/lib/MyModuleBuilder.pm in _build/lib
Checking whether your kit is complete...
Looks good

Warning: this distribution contains XS files, but Module::Build is not
configured with C_support at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/Module/Build/Base.pm line 1128.
Checking prerequisites...
- ERROR: GCJ::Cni is not installed

ERRORS/WARNINGS FOUND IN PREREQUISITES. You may wish to install the
versions
of the modules indicated above before proceeding with this installation

Deleting Build
Removed previous script 'Build'

Creating new 'Build' script for 'Java-Import' version '0.03'

[root@Hedwig Java-Import-0.03]# make
/usr/bin/perl Build --makefile_env_macros 1
gcj -C src/ArgumentArray.java src/ArrayWrapper.java
src/ObjectWrapper.java
gcjh src/ArgumentArray
gcjh src/ArrayWrapper
gcjh src/ObjectWrapper
gcj -fjni -c src/ArgumentArray.java src/ArrayWrapper.java
src/ObjectWrapper.java -I src -o src/java.o
Module::Build is not configured with C_support at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/Module/Build/Base.pm line 3734.
make: *** [all] error 2

make: *** [all] error 2
make: *** [all] error 2
make: *** [all] error 2
make: *** [all] error 2
make: *** [all] error 2

Sisyphus

..
..
Warning: this distribution contains XS files, but Module::Build is not
configured with C_support at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/Module/Build/Base.pm line 1128.

I think you'll need Module::Build to be configured *with* C_support if you
want to use Module::Build to build modules that contain XS files.
I have read that installing ExtUtils::parseXS will enable the C_support. I
don't know if that's correct - there may be others here who *do* know for
sure.

If it *is* correct, you might also need to install ExtUtils::parseXS
*before* you install Module::Build.
Checking prerequisites...
- ERROR: GCJ::Cni is not installed

You'll also want to install this module before building and installing
Java::Import.

So, in the absence of better, more definitive advice, try installing
(afresh) the following modules in the following order:
ExtUtils::parseXS
Module::Build
GCJ::Cni
Java::Import

One other thing puzzles me. When we build using Module::Build aren't we
suppposed to run:
perl Build.PL
perl Build
perl Build test
perl Build install

And yet you have run:
perl Makefile.PL
make

I guess that, in this case, both approaches are valid .... but that's
something else I don't know for sure......

Cheers,
Rob