Java monitor

Quantumuniverses

I deployed my app into my production server and now I'd like to monitor it
to check memory, resources used , etc

Any idea?

I'm using JVisualVM (inside JDK) but I need something better..

Quantumuniverses

Info I'd like to monitor:

- number of classes loaded and threads running
- Java VM uptime, system properties, and VM input arguments
- threads
- memory consumption
- garbage collection stat
- low memory detection
- on-demand deadlock detection

"Quantumuniverses" ha scritto nel messaggio

I deployed my app into my production server and now I'd like to monitor it
to check memory, resources used , etc

Any idea?

I'm using JVisualVM (inside JDK) but I need something better..

Robert Klemme

Info I'd like to monitor:

- number of classes loaded and threads running
- Java VM uptime, system properties, and VM input arguments
- threads
- memory consumption
- garbage collection stat
- low memory detection
- on-demand deadlock detection

"Quantumuniverses" ha scritto nel messaggio

I deployed my app into my production server and now I'd like to monitor it
to check memory, resources used , etc

Any idea?

I'm using JVisualVM (inside JDK) but I need something better..

What does "better" mean? IOW: what are you missing in jvisualvm?

Cheers

robert

Quantumuniverses

Even if you enlarge the period of observation, you can't have all the time
you want and moreover you can't store data collected.. (for example)

And I was curious to know if there was a better software, if servers of big
companies are monitored by JVisualVM or any other more professional
monitor..

Robert Klemme

Even if you enlarge the period of observation, you can't have all the
time you want and moreover you can't store data collected.. (for example)

And I was curious to know if there was a better software, if servers of
big companies are monitored by JVisualVM or any other more professional
monitor..

If you want to record, there is jstat and options to write a GC log.
And you can query various JMX beans. So a lot is available via tools
coming with the JRE / JDK. And you'd be surprised how many enterprises
use custom monitoring solution... :) Having said that there are
probably tools around that promise professional monitoring of Java
applications.

Kind regards

robert

markspace

If you want to record, there is jstat and options to write a GC log. And
you can query various JMX beans. So a lot is available via tools coming

I wouldn't overlook doing your own logging and reading log files. If
you're interested in specific things, logging might be the best. Even
if not, a good general suit of logs is a useful thing for any application.