java sound api - clicking problem with short wav file under linux

root

I have an annoying clicking noise whenever I start to play some short
wave file under linux & jdk 1.6
any workaround ???
regards
patrick

Andrew Thompson

root said:
I have an annoying clicking noise whenever I start to play some short
wave file under linux & jdk 1.6

Use either long wavs, Windows, or 1.5?
any workaround ???

The first two are slightly tongue in cheek, but the last
is quite doable assuming that it is a '1.6' problem.

Searched the bug database? Have you tested *this*
wav with same code under different OS/Java version
and confimred that *any* Java based sound can play it
as you expect? Is the wav file corrupted?

root

Andrew said:
Use either long wavs, Windows, or 1.5?

The first two are slightly tongue in cheek, but the last
is quite doable assuming that it is a '1.6' problem.

Searched the bug database? Have you tested *this*
wav with same code under different OS/Java version
and confimred that *any* Java based sound can play it
as you expect? Is the wav file corrupted?
I have tried with many sound files found on the web

http://www.thejapanesepage.com/
http://simplythebest.net/sounds
etc.
I am not using windows systems
only linux ... ;o)
I have converted the files to 16 bits and/or to 44100
still have the same clicking problem
there seems to be a bug in 1.4
thought it would be solved in 1.6 .... lol
maybe I should switch to mp3 ???
patrick

Knute Johnson

root said:
I have tried with many sound files found on the web

http://www.thejapanesepage.com/
http://simplythebest.net/sounds
etc.
I am not using windows systems
only linux ... ;o)
I have converted the files to 16 bits and/or to 44100
still have the same clicking problem
there seems to be a bug in 1.4
thought it would be solved in 1.6 .... lol
maybe I should switch to mp3 ???
patrick

Have you drained the SourceDataLine? How about posting a simple program
that demonstrates your problem?