Javac error.

Mike Cox

I have SUSE 8.2. I'm trying to compile a program that will be used in
jakarta tomcat. I'm getting this error when I try to compile it with javac
version 1.4.

java:9: package javax.servlet does not exist
import javax.servlet.*;

How do I fix this?

Frank Gerlach

Mike Cox said:
I have SUSE 8.2. I'm trying to compile a program that will be used in
jakarta tomcat. I'm getting this error when I try to compile it with javac
version 1.4.

java:9: package javax.servlet does not exist
import javax.servlet.*;

How do I fix this?
There is probably a jar file containing javax.servlet missing in your
CLASSPATH.

Ryan Stewart

Frank Gerlach said:
There is probably a jar file containing javax.servlet missing in your
CLASSPATH.

Specifically, servlet.jar or servlet-api.jar. One place you can find it is
in Tomcat's common/lib folder.