Javascript 1.[789] tarballs?

Randy Webb

(e-mail address removed) said the following on 7/9/2006 9:27 PM:
Are there source tarballs for Javascript 1.[7-9] available for download?

That depends. What is a "source tarball" and what exactly are you hunting?

dfeustel

Randy Webb said:
(e-mail address removed) said the following on 7/9/2006 9:27 PM:
Are there source tarballs for Javascript 1.[7-9] available for download?

That depends. What is a "source tarball" and what exactly are you hunting?

I'm looking for the most current (but stable) version of javascript to
graft onto links in an effort to improve the functionality of links
javascript.

David Dorward

Are there source tarballs for Javascript 1.[7-9] available for download?

If you by "Javascript 1.[7-9]" you mean "An interpretor for a version of
JavaScript between version 1.7 and 1.9", then I think the answer is no. As
far as I know, such versions of JavaScript do not exist.

The source code for SpiderMonkey is available from the Mozilla Foundation.
http://www.mozilla.org/js/spidermonkey/

Martin Honnen

Are there source tarballs for Javascript 1.[7-9] available for download?

JavaScript 1.7 is currently being implemented and supposed to appear in
Firefox 2.0. Indeed the latest Firefox 2.0/Gecko 1.8.1 branch nightlies
already come with what's implemented so far. I don't think there are
source tarballs for the Spidermonkey engine for 1.7 itself but you can
pull it from CVS.
See
<http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Introduction_to_the_JavaScript_shell>
on how to pull and build from CVS.
I suggest if you have further questions on Spidermonkey
(pulling/building/hacking) then the js-engine on news.mozilla.org is a
much better place that comp.lang.javascript.