JavaScript AI Mind Programming Journal -- 2011 May 1

Mentifex

Sun.1.MAY.2011 -- Organizing the AI Mind Control Panel

The AiMind Control Panel has room for about
six hyperlinks. It seems best if we include in the
Control Panel both a link to the current Robots.net
http://robots.net/person/AI4U/diary/50.html
AI Lab Notes and a link to the most recent
comp.lang.javascript Usenet post, without linking
after all to the Wikipedia article on the Singularity
for lack of room in the Control Panel. The immediate
link to the Robots.net AI Lab Notes lets the users see
an HTML page with embedded links, and we can
predict in advance the URL address of the AI Lab Notes.
By linking to the recent comp.lang.javascript Usenet
post, we obviate the need and the unpleasantness of
going back into the current JSAI version and changing
the Usenet link. When we upload and release a JSAI
version, it should remain the same and not be subject
to change by the updating of a Usenet link. Since we
now already have the current Robots.net AI Lab Notes
link, it would actually be redundant to link to a current
Usenet post of the same material, which would not even
have the embedded HTML links. By linking to a one-off
Usenet post, we let the users follow the chain of Usenet
posts backwards through time. Furthermore, if we are
careful in each new Usenet post to link to the simultaneous
Robots.net AI Lab Notes, then users following the
backwards chain always have the option of clicking over
to the embedded-links HTML version on the Robots.net site.

Sun.1.MAY.2011 -- Linking Subject with Related Knowledge

Today we are concerned with bringing the latest MindForth
improvements into the JavaScript artificial intelligence (JSAI).
A minor change in the MindForth code has improved the AI
functionality with respect to the proper linkage between
pronouns as subjects of a BeVerb and predicate nominatives
stored as knowledge in the knowledge-base of the
experiential memory of the AI. The necessary change was
to set conceptual activations at zero for concept-words that
have served as elements of verbal thought in the AI Mind
and have passed through the ReEntry process back into
the experiential memory of the mind. We will follow the new
activation rules (ActRules) for ReEntry in the JSAI as well as
in MindForth, so that we may keep the two AI "cousins" as
genetically close as possible in both Forth and JavaScript.

In the InStantiate mind-module, we brought over some code
from MindForth to set conceptual activations to zero during the
instantiation of ReEntry concepts. We noticed an immediate
improvement in the linking of subjects with related knowledge.
We are eager to implement MachineSelfReference as a
MileStone on our RoadMap to artificial intelligence.

Mentifex (Arthur)