Javascript/HTML table problem.

DracusWolf

Hi,

I was wondering of anyone could help me. I am developing a time and
attendance web page.

On the time sheet page i have created a years worth of entries in the
database for a user so that they may create entries ahead of time(for
holidays etc.).

My problem is that when i load the page, i display the current month
for that user and it displays:

Date Month Day TimeInMorning TimeIn Evening etc..

What i would like is that a user may update any field and click on a
save button which will update the field(s) that they have changed. I
ahve attempted in javascript to do this but i am failing. If anyone has
a solution or if this is even possible i would be grateful.

Thanks in advance.

Evertjan.

DracusWolf wrote on 12 sep 2006 in comp.lang.javascript:
Hi,

I was wondering of anyone could help me. I am developing a time and
attendance web page.

On the time sheet page i have created a years worth of entries in the
database for a user so that they may create entries ahead of time(for
holidays etc.).

My problem is that when i load the page, i display the current month
for that user and it displays:

Date Month Day TimeInMorning TimeIn Evening etc..

What i would like is that a user may update any field and click on a
save button which will update the field(s) that they have changed. I
ahve attempted in javascript to do this but i am failing. If anyone has
a solution or if this is even possible i would be grateful.

To save it on the server you will need serverside coding
and a serverside database.
Yes, you can do that with serverside j[ava]script under ASP.
If that is your wish, ask in:
microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general
[as comp.lang.javascript is mainly used for clietside javascript.

To save it on the client in a database or file is not possible
in the standard internet security environment.
You clould try to save it on the client as a cookie,
but all that seems impractical to me,
as you will getdifferent data on different pc-s.

DracusWolf

Evertjan, thanks for your response, i should have indicated that i am
using sqlnavigator 5 and oracle portal 10g to display my web page,
would i still need to ask the group that you have recommended.

Thanks again!

Evertjan.

DracusWolf wrote on 12 sep 2006 in comp.lang.javascript:
Evertjan, thanks for your response,

[Please always quote on usenet, this is not email]
i should have indicated that i am
using sqlnavigator 5 and oracle portal 10g to display my web page,

I thought webpages are always displayed by browsers.

Are those two browsers?
would i still need to ask the group that you have recommended.

If they are serverside programmes [and not display devices]
do they run on Javascript code?