Javascript Performance Leaks and IE?

sulinbear

I'm trying to make an AJAX site that makes heavy use of objects (maybe
my first mistake =( ...). I've come across a bizarre bug when using IE
6. At first I thought it was some sort of memory leak... but I
diagnosed with drip [and it came up clean]. Also, it doesn't seem to
be related to IE caching (since even with my IE6 caching turned off).
An example of it is below:

http://www.geocities.com/arvindsagarwal/test.htm

To replicate the bug, go to the site, press refresh (or F5) multiple
times. At each refresh, it appears that the objects take longer to
create!... For test 1 through 3, the times stay generally consistent.
However, for test, 4 and 5, each refresh adds about 10-20 ms!
Strangely (or expectedly), it doesn't cause problems in any version of
Firefox or IE7. I'd ignore the problem, but it appears ~30% of users
are still using IE6 [and it would be a fallacy to ignore them]. Any
help would be greatly appreciated... as its driving me crazy!

This is what I see:[/QUOTE][/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

1) Create 10000 Objects took 63ms
2) Create 10000 Objects Second Time took 47ms

3) Making Collection of 10000 objects took 109ms

4) Create 10000 Objects after creation of collection took 187ms
5) Create 10000 Objects second time after creation of collection took
188ms

6) Creating 10000 objects after destroying the collection took 94ms
7) Creating 10000 objects second time after destroying the collection
took 47ms
[/QUOTE][/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

1) Create 10000 Objects took 62ms
2) Create 10000 Objects Second Time took 63ms

3) Making Collection of 10000 objects took 156ms

4) Create 10000 Objects after creation of collection took 390ms
5) Create 10000 Objects second time after creation of collection took
360ms

6) Creating 10000 objects after destroying the collection took 109ms