JavaScript String Syntax Checking

Joined
Jun 29, 2022
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I am trying to write an Function which should check a String.
It should be True if the String contains a number between 101 and 132.
And it should be false in case of the number is smaller or bigger
Now i am struggling to check if there is just the number in it Nothing else.(Like G110-> that should be false)
Please help, first time i am using JavaScript and hopefully last ;-)

Joined
Nov 13, 2020
Messages
302
Reaction score
38
The function isNaN(your string here) will return TRUE if the string is not a number.

Joined
Nov 13, 2020
Messages
302
Reaction score
38
You should report your plc as the only one in the world where isNaN doesn't work.

Joined
Jul 3, 2022
Messages
93
Reaction score
23
Try this:

HTML:
<!DOCTYPE html>
  <head>
    <title></title>
    body{
    text-align: center;
    }
    div{
    padding: 20px;
    }
    input{
    text-align: center;
    }
    button{
    cursor: pointer;
    }

  </head>
      <input type="text" id="inp" size="50" placeholder="String to parse"    />
      <button>Check it</button>
      <input type="text" id="res" placeholder="Result" />
    <script>
    /*
    I am trying to write an Function which should check a String.
It should be True if the String contains a number between 101 and 132.
And it should be false in case of the number is smaller or bigger
Now i am struggling to check if there is just the number in it Nothing else.(Like G110-> that should be false)
Please help, first time i am using JavaScript and hopefully last ;-)

https://www.thecodingforums.com/threads/javascript-string-syntax-checking.973830/
    */

    document.querySelector('button').addEventListener('click', function(){
    const val = Number(document.querySelector('#inp').value.replace(/\D+/ig, ''));
    if(!val) return;
   document.querySelector('#res').value = 101 < val && val < 132 ? true : false;
    });
    </script>