Jbuilder 9 Enterprise Help

Allstarnz

I'm kind of new to JBuilder, so please forgive a perhaps obvious question.

I wanted to make my jpx file as an exe, which worked fine using the wizard.
However now that I have done what I want I don't want it to make an exe
every time I compile my program. How do I stop it doing this?? I just want
to let it compile so I can continue testing and adding stuff. I managed to
do it before, but can't get it to work anymore.

Thanks
Allstarnz

Andrew Thompson

Allstarnz said:
I'm kind of new to JBuilder, so please forgive a perhaps obvious
question.

I suggest you compile and build your
..java source from the command line until
you figure the basics.

You might also try c.l.j.softwaretools

john doe

how do u compile to exe with jbuilder ??
didn't know that was possible !
is it in all the jbuilder releases ??
bye

Tor Iver Wilhelmsen

john doe said:
how do u compile to exe with jbuilder ??
didn't know that was possible !

It creates an EXE header for a jar, so it's just as "half-hearted" as
Microsoft's attempt. You still need the JRE installed.

znôrt

It creates an EXE header for a jar, so it's just as "half-hearted" as
Microsoft's attempt. You still need the JRE installed.

That's in my opinion just the right thing to do. Even if someone can't
resist the absurd temptation of delivering java software in exe
format, there's no need to mess around with custom, embedded or
duplicate JVM's for this. If you bundle the JRE with your exe
loader... then why not bundle windows too? Using the currently JRE
installed on the system is just fine, that's just the way Java is
meant to be. My guess.

regards
znôrt

Bill Joy

Right-click on the node in the Project pane, select
Properties, on the Archive tab unselect "Always create
archive when building the project".

When you want to build the the EXE, again right-click on the
node but select Make.

Bill Joy said:
Right-click on the node in the Project pane, select
Properties, on the Archive tab unselect "Always create
archive when building the project".

When you want to build the the EXE, again right-click on the
node but select Make.

Thanks Bill for your help, it's now sorted thanks to the tip.