JBuilder 9

Miguel De Anda

I've recently installed JBuilder 9 Personal and there is just one thing (in
the 2 hrs) that I don't like about it:

Is there a way to force it to use tabs instead of spaces? And is there a way
to adjust the size of the tab?

Its pretty annoying to have to press the arrow like 10 times. It also
default to 2 spaces, I'm used to about 4 (I set my tabs to be like 4
spaces). It also seems like the save spaces at tabs does nothing. Other than
that, it seems to be pretty nice.

Bill Joy

The default keybinding in the CUA keymap for Tab is "format code". This
causes the Editor to format the line or selected block of text according
to your configurations in Project | Project Properties | Formatting
(which also includes the tab size) and uses the indent level of the line
above as a template for alignment.

The default keybinding for F2 is "indent" which is probably what you are
more used to.

You can change keybindings with Tools | Editor Options | Editor using
the "Customize..." button.

There is an OpenTool posted on CodeCentral which might be of use to you.
It automatically redefines the tab size when you switch files by
looking for a file in its directory which provides it.

http://codecentral.borland.com/codecentral/ccweb.exe/listing?id=17121

Miguel De Anda

Bill Joy said:
The default keybinding in the CUA keymap for Tab is "format code". This
causes the Editor to format the line or selected block of text according
to your configurations in Project | Project Properties | Formatting
(which also includes the tab size) and uses the indent level of the line
above as a template for alignment.

The default keybinding for F2 is "indent" which is probably what you are
more used to.

You can change keybindings with Tools | Editor Options | Editor using
the "Customize..." button.

There is an OpenTool posted on CodeCentral which might be of use to you.
It automatically redefines the tab size when you switch files by
looking for a file in its directory which provides it.

http://codecentral.borland.com/codecentral/ccweb.exe/listing?id=17121

Sweet. Thanks.