JDK 1.7 downloads?

Roedy Green

What is the URL to download the JDK 1.7 documentation?

Has Derby been dropped in 1.7? If not, where do you download it.

Roedy Green

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=jdk7+download+docs

1st link to: "Java Platform Standard Edition 7 Documentation -
download.java.net:80"

on the left side, in the menu, you see a link to "Java SE Downloads"

I follow through to
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk-6u25-doc-download-355137.html

Then I download jdk-6u25-fcs-bin-b04-apidocs-04_Apr_2011.zip

Then I get Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at
oracleotn.rd.llnwd.net.

Is there another way to get it?

I have reported this to Oracle. No word back yet.

Knute Johnson

I follow through to
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk-6u25-doc-download-355137.html

Then I download jdk-6u25-fcs-bin-b04-apidocs-04_Apr_2011.zip

Then I get Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at
oracleotn.rd.llnwd.net.

Is there another way to get it?

I have reported this to Oracle. No word back yet.

I went snooping around yesterday and found it but I can't find it again.
If you want a copy of jdk-7-fcs-bin-b147-apidocs-27_jun_2011.zip let
me know and I'll email it to you or put it up for a few minutes on the
web server.

Email me, [the 9th month]@knutejohnson.com

markspace

I follow through to
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk-6u25-doc-download-355137.html

Then I download jdk-6u25-fcs-bin-b04-apidocs-04_Apr_2011.zip

This looks like Java 6, update 25. Not Java 7.
Then I get Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at
oracleotn.rd.llnwd.net.

I have reported this to Oracle. No word back yet.

My Java 7 docs download came from download.oracle.com. I don't know
what llnwd.net is, but I think you probably wasted Oracle's time
reporting someone else's server problem to them.

Roedy Green

My Java 7 docs download came from download.oracle.com. I don't know
what llnwd.net is, but I think you probably wasted Oracle's time
reporting someone else's server problem to them.

have a look at
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/documentation/java-se-7-doc-download-435117.html

After you click the licence agreement you can try to load

http://download.oracle.com/otn-pub/java/jdk/7/jdk-7-fcs-bin-b147-apidocs-27_jun_2011.zip

It then redirects to:
http://oracleotn.rd.llnwd.net/otn-pub/java/jdk/7/jdk-7-fcs-bin-b147-apidocs-27_jun_2011.zip

and fails.

I can successfully ping oracleotn.rd.llnwd.net, but not do any sort of
HTTP.

Did you get your docs prior to the official release?

Roedy Green

That's where I got them yesterday. I just can't figure out how I got
there :).

The way I got there was my going to the JDK download, then scrolling
down to about 3/4 the way down.

Where it says:

Java SE 7 Documentation DOWNLOAD

Java SE 7 Documentation
Docs Installation Instructions
Java SE 7 Documentation License

and clicking DOWNLOAD. Is it still working for you?
It would seem odd I could ping from here but not HTTP where you could
do both.

Stanimir Stamenkov

Sat, 30 Jul 2011 13:57:41 -0700, /Roedy Green/:

After this I get redirected to:

http://download.oracle.com/auth/otn...1312063158&h=5be2d7ee304ac8b05fd9701c0fc961b6

and the download begins. I guess the query parameters in there are
specific to my browsing session.

markspace

I know. I sent you that link when I posted much earlier today.

No, it doesn't. It downloads from Oracle.com. I don't know why you or
Canada would be different, but that's how it works for me.
and fails.

It worked for me earlier today when I first posted and it worked again
just now.

Arved Sandstrom

I know. I sent you that link when I posted much earlier today.

No, it doesn't. It downloads from Oracle.com. I don't know why you or
Canada would be different, but that's how it works for me.

It worked for me earlier today when I first posted and it worked again
just now.

And that last link above just now worked for me without any problems
whatsoever.

AHS

markspace

And that last link above just now worked for me without any problems
whatsoever.

I didn't think to try it, but it just now worked for me as well. I
don't know why it wasn't working for Roedy, maybe just some temporary
problem.