JINI 2.1 problems

Mr. X.

Hello,
Some books, and many example don't have much about JINI 2.1,
and besides - what JDK is JINI 2.1 compiles.

One thing I cannot find is the StartService utility (was on JINI 1.1, as
mentioned on some books).
Some things even don't compile,
and I would like to figure out if I should downgrade the version to JINI
1.1.

1. Where is the StartService ?
2. I cannot run the ServiceStarter.class that is on the distribution of JINI
2.1.
(I think it is related to versions of JAVA , because as error-message
occured with version stamp).

C:\Program Files\jini2_1\classes\com\sun\jini\start\ServiceStarter.class.
I got into that folder, and write :
java -classpath %CLASSPATH% ServiceStarter
and the message :
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:C:\Program
Files\Java\jre1/5/0_0
6\lib\rt/jar;

3. Is it better downgrade to version : JINI 1.1 ?
Where can find one ?

Thanks :)