JINI startup.

Mr. X.

Hello.

In order to use JINI,
I should start Jini's Lookup Service - if so, then how can I start this
service ?
....and some other services I should start.
What should I start and how ?

(Also I see on some documentation, that JINI should use JDK 1.2.
There are farther versions of JDK - is any version, like JDK 1.6,
are fine ?)

Thanks :)

Roedy Green

(Also I see on some documentation, that JINI should use JDK 1.2.
There are farther versions of JDK - is any version, like JDK 1.6,
are fine ?)

The only reason to use old JDKs are when your clients are stuck on old
JDKs. Even then you usually develop with the latest JDK, using the
target options see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/javacexe.html
and doing last minute testing with an ancient JRE.