JMF - can it play dv avi files?

Josef Garvi

I'm experimenting with the Java Media Framework, and need to work with film
clips in avi format, captured from DV cameras ("content type" is
"video.x_msvideo").

When I open such a clip, I can play the sound track, but get no image.
Opening other types of clips, such as mov files works well.

Am I missing some codec, and if so, where could it be possible to find it?

--
Josef Garvi

"Reversing desertification through drought tolerant trees"
http://www.eden-foundation.org/

new income - better environment - more food - less poverty

Josef Garvi

Josef said:
I'm experimenting with the Java Media Framework, and need to work with
film clips in avi format, captured from DV cameras ("content type" is
"video.x_msvideo").

When I open such a clip, I can play the sound track, but get no image.
Opening other types of clips, such as mov files works well.

Am I missing some codec, and if so, where could it be possible to find it?

When I try opening the clip with the Seek example
(http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/jmf/2.1.1/solutions/Seek.html),
I get the following output:

create player for: video.x_msvideo
Unable to handle format: DVSD, 720x576, FrameRate=25.0, Length=1244160
28 extra bytes
Movie duration: 52.040000000000006
Total # of video frames in the movies: 1300

--
Josef Garvi

"Reversing desertification through drought tolerant trees"
http://www.eden-foundation.org/

new income - better environment - more food - less poverty

Josef Garvi

Roedy said:
to find out what it can do see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jmf.html
and follow the links.

From what I can read, there doesn't seem to be any DV codec bundled with
the JMF. But after some thorough web searching, I finally found a codec
from Pinnacle that does the job.

--
Josef Garvi

"Reversing desertification through drought tolerant trees"
http://www.eden-foundation.org/

new income - better environment - more food - less poverty

Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
play avi files in JMF

Hi,

i am using JMF,,

how to play avi files in JMF,

I have already install mp3plugin jar in jre..

still i got error as

Failed to configure: com.sun.media.PlaybackEngine@b8df17
Bad header in the media: Currently files with no idx1 chunk are not supported

Error: Unable to realize com.sun.media.PlaybackEngine@b8df17

Reply me .. Thank u in advance.,,,,