JScript within an asp page question

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Damian Greene, Jul 1, 2003.

  1. I know this is an asp newsgroup, and I've gotten help from
    the group on several asp related questions, but I was
    hoping someone could answer a JScript question

    I wrote this script that was working, now it isn't. What
    it does is simply place the value of a checkbox, when
    clicked, into a text field and then sum the total of any
    checked boxes into another text box. Unchecking the check
    box will subtract the total. The checkboxes call two
    functions with the OnClick event handler

    OnClick="addNumbers(); setTextField(this.form)"

    where TextField is the name of the field I want the value
    of the checkbox to go. The setTextField Function works
    fine. All of a sudden the addnumbers is giving a NaN in
    the total box instead of summing it up. Here is the
    addnumbers Script

    <!--
    function addNumbers()
    {
    var test = 0;
    test = parseFloat(document.forms[0].Field77.value);

    var num1 = 0;
    num1 = parseFloat(document.forms[0].Field78.value);

    var num2 = 0;
    num2 = parseFloat(document.forms[0].Field79.value);

    var num3 = 0;
    num3 = parseFloat(document.forms[0].Field80.value);

    var num4 = 0;
    num4 = parseFloat(document.forms[0].Field81.value);

    var num5 = 0;
    num5 = parseFloat(document.forms[0].Field82.value);

    var overdue = 0;
    overdue = parseFloat(document.forms[0].Field83.value);

    var qtotal = (test + num1 + num2 + num3 + num4 + num5
    + overdue);
    document.forms[0].charge_total.value = qtotal;

    }
    // End -->
    </script>

    Can anyone see why this would return a NaN, when the
    function is called when a checkbox is clicked? Am I
    missing a semicolon or something? Thanks

    Damian Greene, Jul 1, 2003

  2. Damian Greene

    Evertjan. Guest

    Damian Greene wrote on 01 jul 2003 in
    This asp group will answer questions about
    both serverside(!) vbscript AND j(ava)script.

    however for your clearly clientside question
    I would suggest you ask this in:

    microsoft.public.scripting.jscript

    or

    comp.lang.javascript