JSF multiple forms in one view

christian.lernt

Hi!

Does somebody knows what I'm doing wrong here?

Look at this very basic example:

<%@ page language="java" contentType="text/html; charset=UTF-8"
pageEncoding="UTF-8"%>
<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core" prefix="f" %>
<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html" prefix="h" %>
<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core" prefix="c" %>

<head>
<title>Test multiple forms</title>
</head>
<f:view>
<h:form>
<h:eek:utputText value="Field 1: " />
<h:inputText value="#{testMultiform.field1}" /><br>
<h:eek:utputText value="Field 2: " />
<h:inputText value="#{testMultiform.field2}" />
<h:commandLink value="Test form 1"
action="#{testMultiform.executeForm1}">
</h:commandLink>
</h:form>
<c:import url="footer.jsp"/>
</f:view>

and the imported file (footer.jsp) looks like this:

<%@ page language="java" contentType="text/html; charset=UTF-8"
pageEncoding="UTF-8"%>
<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core" prefix="f"%>
<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html" prefix="h"%>

<f:subview id="footer">
<h:form>
<h:commandLink value="Test form 2" action="exe2">
</h:commandLink>
</h:form>
</f:subview>

The example uses two forms components (one included with the c:import
JSTL command), each with a commandLink component. I know that JSF
permits two forms in a view. However the second commandLink, inside the
second form component, is ignored. Could somebody say me the reason?

Thanks!

Christian