JSF version of JSTL forEach?

Andrea Desole

I know that forEach is not allowed with JSF. At the moment I'm trying to
develop a renderer with its own iteration, as suggested in paragraph
9.2.8 of the JSF 1.1 specs (I wouldn't really like to use dataTable), so
that I can have the same functionalities of the JSTL forEach. Since it's
taking some time, I thought that it might be better to get it somewhere.
Unfortunately at the moment not only I can't find a renderer like that,
but I can't find even a repository of JSF components or renderers. Does
anyone know one?
Thanks

Andrea

The Abrasive Sponge

Andrea said:
I know that forEach is not allowed with JSF. At the moment I'm trying to
develop a renderer with its own iteration, as suggested in paragraph
9.2.8 of the JSF 1.1 specs (I wouldn't really like to use dataTable), so
that I can have the same functionalities of the JSTL forEach. Since it's
taking some time, I thought that it might be better to get it somewhere.
Unfortunately at the moment not only I can't find a renderer like that,
but I can't find even a repository of JSF components or renderers. Does
anyone know one?
Thanks

Andrea

Don't have an answer, but have a question:
You don't like dataTable? how come?

Andrea Desole

The said:
Don't have an answer, but have a question:

that's a help :)

You don't like dataTable? how come?

dataTable renders a table element, which is often enough, but sometimes
I need something else. With the jstl forEach you can write whatever text
and component you want. I think it's much more flexible.