JSP and Ajax

Alessio

Hi guys,
i'm not using JSF because i've only a Tomcat 4 to deploy to. (and anyway
i don't know so much about JSF..)

I need to manage something like Web 2.0 effects.
I've a JSP with a list of data from a bean collection in session and i
want to open a modal windows (or something like this) to collect some
data and give to user the opportunity to save data without reloading all
the list.
I can do this only with some JS but i'd like to manage the modal windows
with a specific JSP.

Please help me because i'm confused about this

King_Alex

Hi guys,
i'm not using JSF because i've only a Tomcat 4 to deploy to. (and anyway
i don't know so much about JSF..)

I need to manage something like Web 2.0 effects.
I've a JSP with a list of data from a bean collection in session and i
want to open a modal windows (or something like this) to collect some
data and give to user the opportunity to save data without reloading all
  the list.
I can do this only with some JS but i'd like to manage the modal windows
with a specific JSP.

Please help me because i'm confused about this

So you want to learn Ajax see this tutorial, it is good start to apply
Ajax technology- http://www.techcubetalk.com/index.php/page,Ajax for beginners.html

Alessio

Yeah, this is good if my servlet response a single String or a value
but what about an html response? i.e. if i need to response with an html
table based on a beans collection i prefer to write this in JSTL format.
thanx

(ps: sorry for my english..)

King_Alex ha scritto:

Arne Vajhøj

Alessio said:
i'm not using JSF because i've only a Tomcat 4 to deploy to. (and anyway
i don't know so much about JSF..)

I need to manage something like Web 2.0 effects.
I've a JSP with a list of data from a bean collection in session and i
want to open a modal windows (or something like this) to collect some
data and give to user the opportunity to save data without reloading all
the list.
I can do this only with some JS but i'd like to manage the modal windows
with a specific JSP.

You have two options:

1) use an AJAX toolkit that is not integrated with Java EE
2) use an AJAX toolkit that is integrated with Java EE

For #1 you obviously just pick any AJAX toolkit that has
a good reputation.

For #2 it would be much easier to find something if you were
using JSF. But taglibs for pure JSP also exist. I have
played with:
http://ajaxtags.sourceforge.net/
and it is OK.

Arne