JSP Forwards/Redirects

zakasbanda

Hi Guys

Just like Dora says - I am going to need your help :)

In the web application that I am working on ... the old folks used
struts like architecture. Controller Servlet forwarding to different
actions (do's), and these actions in tern forwards to different JSPs or
other actions (do's). Since they forward, the browser address bar value
(URL) does not change. [CASE1]

On the other hand, some of the JSP pages are submitting the forms
specifying the their actions (do's). In this case since the form was
submitted direct, the browser address is changed. [CASE2]

NOW, if the user hit REFRESH, behavior is different in CASE1 and CASE2.

Here is the issue that got me started on this -

1. showList.do -> shows all the pages and books.
2. I select a book and hit PASTE. This is CASE2 (direct form submit)
and therefore the browser address bar changes to pastePage.do.
3. Since I did not select any page, it comes back with ERROR (No page
selected).
4. The user hits REFRESH, it again calls pastePage.do, and the error
just does not disappear.

Please help me out. Will appreciate big time.

Thanks
PS: redirect is not an option.