JSTL - calling equals method

Christine Mayer

Hi,

I want to compare 2 Strings on a JSP page, using JSTL tags,
so I need some tag code that does something like this:
if(myString1.equals(myString2) ) {

}

But without using script code - Something like that:

<c:if test="${ myString1 equals myString2 }">

Any idea how this can be done?

Thanks,

Christine

Lew

Christine said:
Hi,

I want to compare 2 Strings on a JSP page, using JSTL tags,
so I need some tag code that does something like this:
if(myString1.equals(myString2) ) {

}

But without using script code - Something like that:

"Script code"? You mean not to use Javascript? Just use EL (Expression
Language).
<c:if test="${ myString1 equals myString2 }">

Any idea how this can be done?

<c:if test="${ myString1 == myString2 }" >

Tim Slattery

Christine Mayer said:
Hi,

I want to compare 2 Strings on a JSP page, using JSTL tags,
so I need some tag code that does something like this:
if(myString1.equals(myString2) ) {

}

But without using script code - Something like that:

<c:if test="${ myString1 equals myString2 }">

Any idea how this can be done?

I think that

<c:if test="${myString1 == myString2}">

works, doesn't it?