Junit error in Eclipse

chins_inus

Hi,

WHen i try to run junit from eclipse it gives me an error, "Test type
does not exist". Does anyone has any idea why this error.

Thanks.

Manish Pandit

Hi,

WHen i try to run junit from eclipse it gives me an error, "Test type
does not exist". Does anyone has any idea why this error.

Did you create Junit tests beforehand? If not, here is how you create
test cases with eclipse:

Right click the source, click new and then JUnit Test Case. That will
prompt you to set up package, folder and the name of the Test Case
Class. After that, you can pick all the methods you want to be included
in the test case. It will then create test case as java code. You will
need to add your own code inside the stubbed out testXXX() methods that
it generates. You can right click the test case code and select Run as
-> JUnit Test.

You are probably missing one of these steps, leading to that error.

-cheers,
Manish

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=

WHen i try to run junit from eclipse it gives me an error, "Test type
does not exist". Does anyone has any idea why this error.

Are you using JUnit 3 or 4 in Eclipse ?

Many people have had problems with 4 - 3 works as it always have.

Arne

Reshma.Kundapur

Manish said:
Did you create Junit tests beforehand? If not, here is how you create
test cases with eclipse:

Right click the source, click new and then JUnit Test Case. That will
prompt you to set up package, folder and the name of the Test Case
Class. After that, you can pick all the methods you want to be included
in the test case. It will then create test case as java code. You will
need to add your own code inside the stubbed out testXXX() methods that
it generates. You can right click the test case code and select Run as
-> JUnit Test.

You are probably missing one of these steps, leading to that error.

-cheers,
Manish

Hi
Even i am getting the same error JUNIT test type not found as per the
TEst Case is concerned it is perfect as the same test case is running
in other machines
Please do u have any other suggestions

Regards,
Reshma