just getting started

paul

Hi I am just getting started trying to install vs.net and
can not seem to install the web development section. I
think I may need IIS installed. I have a drive on my
computer mapped to a server running IIS so thought this
would be sufficient. Anyhow the web development portion
of the vs.net install is red xed out. thanks Paul.

Kelly Leahy

The ASP.NET stuff must be installed on the IIS server.
You will probably need to install either IIS on your own
box, or you need to perform the install on the server and
use the VS.NET web development tools to access the stuff
on the server.

Kelly

paul

ok, thanks for the information. I am thinking I will need
to set up remote debugging services on the remote IIS
machine and install debug extensions on that machine.