key words instead of predef

Discussion in 'Python' started by Robert Brewer, Aug 23, 2004.

  1. How about "fix"? From OneLook (serious connotations):

    verb: make ready or suitable or equip in advance for a particular
    purpose or for some use, event, etc (Example: "I was fixing to leave
    town after I paid the hotel bill") verb: set or place definitely
    (Example: "Let's fix the date for the party!")
    verb: make fixed, stable or stationary (Example: "Let's fix the
    picture to the frame")
    verb: cause to be firmly attached (Example: "She fixed her gaze on the
    man")
    verb: put (something somewhere) firmly (Example: "Fix your eyes on
    this spot") noun: the act of putting something in working order again
    verb: restore by replacing a part or putting together what is torn or
    broken
    verb: decide upon or fix definitely (Example: "Fix the variables")

    and now the hilarious connotations :)

    noun: an exemption granted after influence (e.g., money) is brought to
    bear (Example: "Collusion resulted in tax fixes for gamblers")
    noun: something craved, especially an intravenous injection of a
    narcotic drug (Example: "She needed a fix of chocolate")
    noun: informal terms for a difficult situation (Example: "He got into
    a terrible fix")
    verb: kill, preserve, and harden (tissue) in order to prepare for
    microscopic study
    verb: take vengeance on or get even (Example: "That'll fix him good!")

    verb: make infertile

    roflmao,

    Robert Brewer
    MIS