KeyDown event on Smartphones

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Mobile' started by Atul Thombre, Sep 11, 2008.

  1. Atul Thombre

    Atul Thombre Guest

    Hello,

    I have written an application for Windows Mobile 6.0 smartphones. The
    application is written in Microsoft CF 2.0 using C# language. I observed a
    weird behavior when I ran my application on different phones.

    The application ran properly on Motorola Q9h and on Samsung BlackJack 2.
    But, when I ran it on BlackJack 1, the troubles started. I have handled the
    KeyDown event on the form since I have some special handling for arrow keys.
    When I type any character, say 'm', the KeyDown event for the form gets a
    keycode == Keys.D9. Does anyone know why does the form gets Keys.D9 when a
    character 'm' is typed?

    In another experiment, I shifted the focus on a text box and let Text box
    handle the KeyDown event. I observed a different behavior. In this case, the
    form gets a KeyCode == 229 (VK_PROCESS) and when the event is captured by
    the text box, I get proper 'm' character. Can anyone explain?

    Thanks in advance.

    Atul.

    Atul Thombre, Sep 11, 2008