Laptop with Websphere

Chris Smith

Yakima Jones said:
I am thinking about buying a laptop with Websphere Studio Application
Developer 5.1.2
I am not working with Websphere, and heard there was a free server I could
use with this package.
Does anyone know what that server was...

Depends on what you want to develop. There's Tomcat, and JBoss, and ...

--
www.designacourse.com

MindIQ Corporation

Raymond Lee

I am using IBM WSAD in work environment. It is a really good
IDE for Java web application development and I highly recommend it.
It has built-in refactoring features. You can debug and test your
applications
locally by creating new server inside WSAD. If you use Tomcat (web
applications) and JBoss (EJB applications), you need a separate IDE to
do the coding. You can try open source IBM Eclipse first to get the
feel, since IBM WSAD is using Eclipse as the code based framework.

Chris Smith

Raymond Lee said:
I am using IBM WSAD in work environment. It is a really good
IDE for Java web application development and I highly recommend it.
It has built-in refactoring features.

Yes, it inherits those from Eclipse, which it's based on. The choice
whether to use WSAD would depend on the use of additional tools provided
beyond the base Eclipse platform, and a comparison to the available
Eclipse plugins aside from WSAD.
You can debug and test your
applications locally by creating new server inside WSAD. If you use
Tomcat (web applications) and JBoss (EJB applications), you need a separate
IDE to do the coding.

Nope, WSAD (and Eclipse) can be used to develop for Tomcat and JBoss.
The integration with WSAD probably isn't as good as it would be with
WebSphere. Using Tomcat or JBoss also saves you something like tens of
thousands of dollars, at a minimum.

--
www.designacourse.com

MindIQ Corporation

Joined
Apr 2, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I would like to know the steps to integratre WSAD 5.0 with JBOSS 4.0.
Also, how to publish/deploy an enterprise applications on JBoss Server using WASD 5.0.

Please help me.