Last reminder: MountainWest RubyConf Call For Presenters

pat eyler

The window for presentation submissions is almost closed. We've
gotten a number of submissions, but we're still looking for a few more.
If you've got something you'd like to talk about, and can come to
Salt Lake City on March 16-17 (hey, the skiing will be great!), please
send your submission in to (e-mail address removed) before midnight
(MST) on Saturday, Dec 31st (yes, that's this Saturday).

We're going to waive the registration fee for speakers, so this is a
good chance to save a little money and tell the world more about
Ruby, RoR, and how you're using it.

James Britt

pat said:
The window for presentation submissions is almost closed. We've
gotten a number of submissions, but we're still looking for a few more.
If you've got something you'd like to talk about, and can come to
Salt Lake City on March 16-17 (hey, the skiing will be great!), please
send your submission in to (e-mail address removed) before midnight
(MST) on Saturday, Dec 31st (yes, that's this Saturday).

Saturday?

Saturday is the 30th.

(I hope you haven't sent out party invitations ... :) )
We're going to waive the registration fee for speakers,

I've Googled around but cannot find a conference home page, or anything
describing fees, accommodations, specific conference location,
expected number of speakers, etc.

Can you post that info, or point me to it?

Thanks!

pat eyler

Saturday?

Saturday is the 30th.

*sigh* Sunday ... Sunday the 31st.
(I hope you haven't sent out party invitations ... :) )

I've Googled around but cannot find a conference home page, or anything
describing fees, accommodations, specific conference location,
expected number of speakers, etc.

Can you post that info, or point me to it?

Well, we don't have a home page yet, and some of this info is still
tentative, but here's what we've got so far. (Look for something
more official in January.)

We're looking at a 2 day conference to be held in (probably) the
auditorium at the Salt Lake City Public Library Mar 16th and 17th.
The fee will be between $50 and $100 (tending more toward the
former as much as we can). There will be about a dozen speakers
spread over the two days, including an alternative Ruby implementers
panel on the 17th. We haven't worked out any deals as far as
accomodations, but this is in the heart of downtown Salt Lake, and
there are a number of hotels in easy walking and busing distance.

(Does that cover everything you needed?)

ara.t.howard

Well, we don't have a home page yet, and some of this info is still
tentative, but here's what we've got so far. (Look for something more
official in January.)

We're looking at a 2 day conference to be held in (probably) the auditorium
at the Salt Lake City Public Library Mar 16th and 17th. The fee will be
between $50 and $100 (tending more toward the former as much as we can).
There will be about a dozen speakers spread over the two days, including an
alternative Ruby implementers panel on the 17th. We haven't worked out any
deals as far as accomodations, but this is in the heart of downtown Salt
Lake, and there are a number of hotels in easy walking and busing distance.

(Does that cover everything you needed?)

just make sure it snows ok? i'm brining three pairs of skiis and the whole
wax kit!

-a

pat eyler

just make sure it snows ok? i'm brining three pairs of skiis and the whole
wax kit!

I'll do my best. In the unlikely event that it doesn't snow, you could bring
along a fly rod -- the trout fishing here is wonderful (enough so that we saw
people in waders in the Provo River two weeks ago (18 degrees F outside))

matt

just make sure it snows ok? i'm brining three pairs of skiis and the whole
wax kit!

Maybe move it to Denver. No lack of snow there (double blizzard). It
still fits with the MountainWest theme .... :)

pat eyler

Maybe move it to Denver. No lack of snow there (double blizzard). It
still fits with the MountainWest theme .... :)

Our plan is to hold it in the Denver area in 2008. And rotate around
the MountainWest after that. (That being said, I don't think snow is
going to be a problem ... we haven't had a blizzard, but I had 14 inches
in my yard last week and I'm not too far up in the mountains)

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

pat said:
Our plan is to hold it in the Denver area in 2008. And rotate around
the MountainWest after that. (That being said, I don't think snow is
going to be a problem ... we haven't had a blizzard, but I had 14 inches
in my yard last week and I'm not too far up in the mountains)
Is there anything to do that doesn't involve snow? I don't ski. :)

Yeah, I know -- hack Ruby :)

ara.t.howard

Maybe move it to Denver. No lack of snow there (double blizzard). It
still fits with the MountainWest theme .... :)

i'm already there! work just got canceled and i'm waxing up now!

-a

pat eyler

Is there anything to do that doesn't involve snow? I don't ski. :)

It's probably going to get me run out of town, but neither do I ...
Yeah, I know -- hack Ruby :)

Hmm, now I feel like the SLC Chamber of Commerce. Actually, there
are a variety of things to do around here. Most of them involve skiing
(during the winter), but there are others. There are several universities
nearby with the attendant museums and what not. There's a pretty good
music scene (both underground, popular, and classic). There are some
decent restaurants and a couple of microbreweries. Park City, while
better known for it's skiing is alos home to a bunch of art galleries and
the like. And if it really comes to that, I'm guessing that there might be
a couple of hacking activities running into the wee hours. ;^)

James Britt

pat said:
We're looking at a 2 day conference to be held in (probably) the
auditorium at the Salt Lake City Public Library Mar 16th and 17th.
The fee will be between $50 and $100 (tending more toward the
former as much as we can). There will be about a dozen speakers
spread over the two days, including an alternative Ruby implementers
panel on the 17th. We haven't worked out any deals as far as
accomodations, but this is in the heart of downtown Salt Lake, and
there are a number of hotels in easy walking and busing distance.

(Does that cover everything you needed?)

Yep.

Thanks!

Now I have to see if there's something I might be able to speak on and
get a proposal in.

--
James Britt

http://beginningruby.com - Beginning Ruby: The Online Book