ldap problem

Elmar

Hi i wrote a script for our exim mailserver which ask a MS AD Server
if he has an account with that mailaddress. It work good but sometimes
i see some errors in the eximlog like:

"Can't continue after import errors
at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.5/Net/LDAP/Bind.pm line 8"

Is ther somthin wrong with my code?
Here is the sample where the error happens.
All variables where set.

##############

unless ( $ldapBind = Net::LDAP->new( $ldapserver1, timeout => 3 ) ) {
unless ( $ldapBind = Net::LDAP->new( $ldapserver2, timeout => 3 ) ) {
unless ( $ldapBind = Net::LDAP->new( $ldapserver3, timeout => 3 ) ) {
# if no LDAP Server is reachable return true and exit
Exim::log_write("#ERROR!! No LDAP server available");
return "true";

$ldapBind->bind( dn => $LDAP_MTA_DN, password => $LDAP_MTA_PASS );

######### Step 1 #########
$RCPT = "$RCPT_Local" . "\@" . "$RCPT_Domain";
$searchPattern = "proxyAddresses=smtp:" . "$RCPT";

@args = (
base => $searchDN,
filter => "(&(objectclass=user)($searchPattern))",
control => [$page],
);

while (1) {
$ldapRCPT = $ldapBind->search(@args);
$ldapRCPT->code and last;
my ($resp) = $ldapRCPT->control(LDAP_CONTROL_PAGED) or last;
$cookie = $resp->cookie or last;
$page->cookie($cookie);
}

if ($cookie) {
$page->cookie($cookie);
$page->size(0);
$ldapBind->search(@args);
}

# close connection
$ldapBind->unbind();
if ( $ldapRCPT->code ) {
Exim::log_write("!! ERROR!! Promblem with LDAP search");
return "true";
}

if ( $ldapRCPT->count > " 0 " ) {
return = "true";
}
else {
return = "false";
}

Thanks Elmar

anno4000

Elmar said:
Hi i wrote a script for our exim mailserver which ask a MS AD Server
if he has an account with that mailaddress. It work good but sometimes
i see some errors in the eximlog like:

"Can't continue after import errors
at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.5/Net/LDAP/Bind.pm line 8"

Is that all it says? That message usually follows another one
that specifies the "import error".

Line 8 of .../Net/LDAP/Bind.pm is in my version (line broken):

use Net::LDAP qw(LDAP_SASL_BIND_IN_PROGRESS
LDAP_DECODING_ERROR LDAP_SUCCESS);

So you'd would have to find out what goes wrong in these particular
calls. Normally one would expect this statement either to work
or not. Occasional failure is strange, but who knows how exim
calls your Perl.

Is ther somthin wrong with my code?

[snip]

That's too much code to check manually.

Anno

Elmar

use Net::LDAP qw(LDAP_SASL_BIND_IN_PROGRESS
LDAP_DECODING_ERROR LDAP_SUCCESS);

What does this mean? Will it give me a more detailed error message?
Should i replace my "use Net::LDAP" with that?

Elmar

anno4000

Elmar said:
What does this mean? Will it give me a more detailed error message?
Should i replace my "use Net::LDAP" with that?

It is (probably) the line that caused the error. It belongs to the
source code of Net::LDAP and I only quoted it to show what's happening
when the error occurs. It is *not* meant to be used by you in your
code.

To be sure, you'd have to look up the source line (8, IIRC) in
..../Net/LDAP/Bind.pm on the machine where this is happening.

Anno